Hello, Attention Race Fans and Automotive Fanatics.
If you’re unsure where to plan for the weekend, there is an event happening near you at the heart of Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina named the 25th Southeastern Nationals.
Whether if you’re a NASCAR Fan or automotive fanatic living in the area wanting to check out, this event is ideal for you both for the whole family plus the individual.
Before we get through the in-depth information, Communications Director at Goodguys Hot Rod & Custom Association, Betsy Bennett will guide you on the number of activities and cars displayed at the Speedway over the next two days.
You will be amazed by the hard work this organization has put in once you leave the Speedway by the end of Saturday.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How beautiful is it to celebrate where we now reached a quarter of a century of the Goodguys Southeastern Nations in Charlotte & its 35th anniversary regarding the overall organization since its inception?
We are thrilled to be celebrating 25 years at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. this event has always been a special one on our schedule and over the years has become a must attend event for many hot rodders.
Goodguys is celebrating 35 years of producing events and we are very proud of that! we will continue to keep producing the best hot rod & custom car events in the country.
2. Let’s kick off with Thursday, How does the Poker Run & Kick Off Party work?
The poker run will leave show car registration on Thursday morning. The best thing to do is to go and get your registration packet so that the window sticker Is on your car.
We have a great group of guys who always enjoy the poker run. The kick off party will follow directly after the poker run. It is a great time to hang out and enjoy the evening and get ready for the event!
3. Students/Children may have to miss out on Friday morning and midday due to School.
But after school hours, what kind of activities they could do to begin their weekend fun on a bang?
Since the kids are in school on Friday, they can come out and enjoy the day Saturday. We will have a kids zone, and it is always fun for the kids to see the acres of gleaming vintage cars.
4. When Friday transitions into Saturday, there is a truckload of activities.
If you guide a first time visitor regarding where to go, which are the key activities that he/she should see throughout that day to keep them entertained and create enjoyable feedback?
The main feature of this event has always been the show n’ shine. Seeing all of those cars in one place and parked in pit lane on the track is a great spectacle.
The Goodguys AutoCross racing will take place all during the event, with the TarHeel Throwdown presented by JRI shocks. This will be the fastest 16 cars during qualifying regardless of class. So the PRO drivers will be competing against the other classes for the top 16 spots.
5. Looking at the cars displayed that everyone’s about to see throughout the two-day event, should we expect any new models are making its way into Charlotte, or it’s unchanged from last year?
This year, the cut off year for the event is 1987. Up until last year the cut of was 1972; this year with the expanded cut off we have seen some great new vehicles…a good amount of Square body trucks, Buick Grand Nationals, Trans Ams, and many more.
6. Will there be Special Big Name Guests that will be coming to the Speedway?
Robby Unser is racing for Team Speedway and Erin Evernham, wife of Ray Evernham is also racing for Team Speedway.
7. I noticed that registered participants would get to take a lap around Charlotte Motor Speedway.
They will too see a slight change where the NASCAR Cup & XFINITY Series cars raced there on a Roval Course two weeks ago.
In your opinion, what are your first thoughts on the new Roval and how will it impact this event?
I think that the change in the track will be fun for the participants. It will be a new experience and I am sure that our on site team has a plan.
8. Regarding giveaways & special prizes, are there any new and unchanged features popping up for this year?
We will draw a finalist for the 1969 Goodguys GRT 100 giveaway truck at this event. this will be drawn after the awards ceremony on Saturday.
Each of our events up until and through Columbus, 2019 we will add another finalist for the giveaway which will take place at the 22nd PPG Nationals next July.
9. In case anyone gets lost at the Speedway, where can you find a map to get in & out of the venue?
There is an event map on our website at www.good-guys.com.
10. How much does it cost to enter & opening times during the 25th Goodguys Southeastern Nationals at Charlotte Motor Speedway?
The entry fee is based on whether you are a Goodguys member or not all. All of the pricing can be found on the event details for the show. https://www.good-guys.com-sen. The show hours are 8 am to 5 pm both days.
11. What about accommodation regarding booking both camping and nearby hotels?
The camping and hotel information is also on the event details page. https://www.good-guys.com-sen
12. What should an individual bring items that are allowed & banned going into the venue?
I would check the weather and bring sunscreen and some good walking shoes. There is a lot to see. For banned items I suggest checking the Charlotte Motor Speedway website for those items.
13. How will the 25th Goodguys Southeastern Nationals turn out going into this weekend compared to these previous years’ editions in Charlotte?
I think that we are pacing to be on track for about the same number of cars for the event. We will have to see.
14. Final thoughts, what would be your message to any first-timer or recurring participant who’s about to enter & witness this fantastic automotive annual show n’shine event?
This event is a fantastic celebration of the American hot rod, and we encourage people to come out and spend a couple of days to see it all.
END OF QUESTIONS
Thank you Betsy for your time by answering our questions and providing the pictures ahead of this Friday & Saturday’s Event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Follow Goodguys on Social Media
In case if you need to stay up to date regarding the latest announcements & upcoming events, make sure you visit the Goodguys Website & Social Media Pages:
Buy Fan Gear on NASCARShop
If you’re a die-hard Racing fan, Make sure you head to NASCARShop for your trusted source of:
Why wait where you can take your Fandom to the next level via the link here.