It’s a brand new era at Optus Stadium to kickstart the 2018/19 Australian Home Summer of Cricket in Perth.
Australia will face off v South Africa in a three-match One-Day International Series starting today.
Don’t forget the 2nd match will go on this Friday at Adelaide Oval followed by the 3rd next Sunday at Blundstone Arena in Hobart.
And at last, the lone Twenty20 International on Saturday, November 17 at Metricon Stadium in the Gold Coast.
As South Africa leave Australia after the 17th, India arrives on their shores beginning with the three-match T20I Series:
- 21 November at The Gabba in Brisbane
- 23 November at the Melbourne Cricket Ground
- 25 November at the Sydney Cricket Ground
Where to tune in the matches?
To watch these matches LIVE on TV, it won’t be on free-to-air for the first time in 40 years.
Instead, it will be via Pay TV on Foxtel’s FOX Cricket Channel.
Yes, it’s a kick in the teeth for the Australian cricketing public to view the matches.
The only way you can follow Australia’s white-ball campaign is a couple of options:
- You pay up for a Foxtel subscription to watch the matches
- Go to a local pub and watch with a group of fans
- Turn up to a stadium & buy these tickets if you live near these venues
If you can’t then, you’ll have to wait until December 6.
That’s where Australia will begin their Test campaign with a four-match Series v India starting at Adelaide Oval.
Channel Nine, who’s the long-time TV broadcast partner for 40 years in Australian Cricket won’t turn up anymore.
Even Channel 10 won’t be in the crease either despite their Big Bash success over the past five years.
Instead, Channel Seven has the rights to broadcast all Test & 43 Men’s Big Bash League Matches.
That’s where you’ll need to tune into their channel for every summer across the next six seasons.
For now, for those who subscribe to Foxtel, enjoy the Australian ODI & T20I campaign with a group of commentators:
- Adam Gilchrist
- Isa Guha
- Shane Warne
- Mark Howard
- Kerry O’Keefe
- Mike Hussey
- Graeme Smith
- Neroli Meadows (Boundary Reporter)
Today’s Schedule LIVE on FOX Cricket
- The Pre-Match Show begins at 1-2.20 PM AEDT with the coin toss plus some in-depth discussion.
- 1st Innings starts at 2.20-5.50 PM AEDT.
- 40-Minute Dinner Break from 5.50-6.35 PM AEDT with a show called The Big Break.
- 2nd Innings goes from 6.35-10.05 PM AEDT.
- Post-Game Show to wrap-up the day, 10.05-10.30 PM AEDT.
**Times may vary depending on the outcome of the game.