Rugby News, 2021 Super Rugby AU WK3: Waratahs v Western Force Game Report


Waratahs fired off to a great start after two straight losses so far. The several changes with some experienced stars showed intense. When the Tahs noticed the Western Force early mistakes.

As Dave Porecki used the line-out penalty from the five meter line. Before he kept the maul square that marked the 1st touchdown. Waratahs 7-0 after 5 mins.

Western Force on the other hand are behind the Tahs. They did not make up their best chances upfront. Despite having won a penalty or two. But the ill-discipline beats them to the punch. With Will Harrison flicked the successful penalty goal. Waratahs 10-0 Force after 15 mins.

Still no sign of improvement from the Force. As their finishing chances have not yet turned a corner. In turned to lost penalties.While the Tahs lead comfortably via another penalty goal. The home team lead 13-0 after 24 minutes on the clock.

Force finally found the breakthrough with under 10 to go. Jeremy Thrush flicked the inside ball to Tim Anstee. Where Antstee cracked through the Tahs gate. Before he found Fergus Lee-Warner for the smooth finish. Western Force now 7-13 Waratahs.

Then the Force were patient again when starting the attack. And saw some gains along the way. With the Tahs beginning to drop the momentum. Such as the poor discipline against the home side. Followed by a few leaked points. Force closing in after the successful penalty goal 10-13.

After the break Western Force leapfroged Waratahs for the lead. The ill-discipline and some lost conversions haunted the home team. When Force took their penalty right. As Tim Anstee found his way through this gate for the touchdown. 25 mins left with Force lead Tahs by 4 points.

Force despite narrow leading the game lost a man. When sub Andrew Ready clashed with Tom Horton in the ruck. And the referee red carded Ready after he punched Horton on the chest. The away side did win a penalty thanks to Richard Kahui. But struggled on occasions with 14 men. As Will Harrison closed in the Tahs scoreboard by 1 point. Thanks to the successful penalty goal in the 73rd min.

In the end the Tahs was almost close towards winning. Especially with Triston Reilly trying to touchdown on the far right side. But was shut down by the Force defense that gone into touch. And Western Force just closed out the Waratahs for the win they deserve. Final score at Parramatta Stadium is 16-20.

You May Also Like

Recommended for you